Scope of Work
- Understanding & mapping out current operations & capabilities
- Conducting gap analysis between current & desired operations & capabilities
- Operations management, SOP’s, team training & development
- Sales & marketing initiatives, campaigns & partnerships
- Cuisine enhancements, recipes standardization, cost controls
- New project build, expansion, logistics & overall management of the business
- Inculcating a team spirit of superior customer service
- Establishing process-oriented mindsets
- Elevating legacy benchmarks & standards
The Critical Part
The approach for this project was reversed in many ways.
Being an already established concept, the key task to begin with was mapping current operational capabilities & efficiencies and establishing a roadmap for improvements coupled with expansion.
It became clear quite early and critical too, to work upon team morale, service training, etiquettes, personality development & togetherness to get everyone working together & stronger with enhanced efficiencies.
Next steps included outlet fit-out and equipment improvements, safety enhancements, staff grooming, service training, customer experience trainings and an overall improvement of operating procedures.
Alongside setting in place operational procedures, a second outlet for the brand was soft-opened and started serving customers in a new community.
The next six months or so were largely consumed with streamlining & enhancing overall operations, marketing partnerships & campaigns, focusing on customer experiences, ensuring superior cuisine standards and building team camaraderie.
The Fun Part
Next came the fun part of exploring locations, selecting them, working on design elements, cuisine enhancements and building a diverse-nationality based team to expand the brand further.
Two new outlets were opened within one year taking the tally to a total of four operating venues across town, serving different & diverse demographics and communities.
The initial work done in the critical phase came in very handy for a smooth roll-out of the new outlets, cuisine extensions, team recruitment, training & deployment, SOP’s and marketing campaigns.
The brand now had more to offer to a wider audience and exciting days lay ahead.
The Important Part
The routine of operations management took steam across all the outlets and their team members.
Regular reviews, supervision of food quality & service standards, customer engagement, marketing & brand campaigns, team morale and a clear focus on enhancing revenues became center-stage.
Over the next one year, the brand and each outlet performed superbly, grew their revenues, turned the brand from a single outlet to a multi-unit operation, serving happy customers with its unique value-based cuisine format.
- Inter-mingling team members of different nationalities into a value-based concept
- Understanding early the potential of home deliveries & food packaging
- Managing the delivery logistics cycle
- Careful growth acceleration of a community-based brand
Awards & Recognition
- The brand was invited as the sole home-grown concept to present itself in the category of “Concept Showcase” at the prestigious “Global Restaurant Investment Forum” in 2016 in Dubai